TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im swapping my old headlights into the new header panel. first step i did was slide it into place an then i managed to put the two clamps on but the third one (the one that doesnt have an adjustment screw on it) would not go on no matter what i did, i even used a hammer on the clip. how do i get it on?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
im guessing you are referring to the top middle screw? you may need to take out the headlights again and re-position the screws so they are pointing straight out. then slide it into place, and push the headlight back and install the metal clips. dont let the screws hit anything, or you will have the same problems. i use a flatblade screwdriver and a hammer and lightly tap the clip all the way down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am i supposed to remove the rubber locking nuts .. because it doesnt want to slide over it

·
6,910 Posts
rubber locking nuts? you mean the black plastic pieces that are on the threads? leave those on there. it should slide through the header panel holes. is one of the plastic pieces chewed up or something?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, im trying to remove the lights again so i can light up the screws an hope the clips slide on this time. i just cant pop out one of the screws.. its not budging from the headerpanel

·
6,910 Posts
hmm, i think i know what you are saying. those locking screws lock into place by turning them, right? try wiggling the screws with one hand and wiggle the headlight assembly with the other hand from the front at the same time. i remember one of mine getting stuck in the header panel a couple times.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hi i'm just swapping headliights on my car and i was wondering how you remove the clips holding the old ones on? is this possible with the header panel still on the car or do i have to remove that? thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
coggonobrien said:
hi i'm just swapping headliights on my car and i was wondering how you remove the clips holding the old ones on? is this possible with the header panel still on the car or do i have to remove that? thanks

yeah its definitely easier if you remove the headerpanel.. but that is a humungus pain in the *** that i wouldnt recommend. the way i did it was used some needle nose plyers to stick in the two holes of the clip.. i then spread them outward an wiggled it up until it came off. they do make a tool for this http://www.monstronix.com/product_info.php?products_id=60255

note: using my method i broke a couple of the holes where the tool would go... but i dont plan on removing the headlights ever again so its cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts