TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my project of installing a '99 Cobra motor into my '96 Bird I would like to use a pair of Mustang Cobra shorty headers. I understand that the steering shaft can be modified so that it will not interfere with headers by using a lower steering shaft section from a Mustang. Has anyone ever done this or know how it can be done?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Mark Jones (Scary Canary) has Instant messengaer or AOL, one of the two, I sent him an e-mail once and never got a response, I never tryed just messaging him, his SN was markjones33 or markjones333 I believe. The first one seems more right. Hope this helps. Did the Cobra the motor came from have the recall perfromed on it that was issued to get them to the advertised power? Just wondering, if you dont know, and you can get the VIN from the car, a dealer could check for you if you are wondering now that I brought it up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
have you gotten this in your bird yet? i think there is an issue with the k member, and the steering shaft.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know

The motor I bought came out of a Ford Motor Company test vehicle. The car was never titled. I don't know what they were testing on the car. Greenleaf in Ft. Worth, who I bought the engine from, says that they have bought several motors this way from Ford and that the only thing they have seen is that sometimes the motors have different components in them that a stock motor does not. I hope they didn't do a destruction test on my motor.:( The motor is supposed to have less than 10K miles on it. I don't know if it will show on a dealer database if the recall was done or not. Does anyone know what parts were changed in the recall?:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts