1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey gotta question...im new to this site...ive had my t-bird for about 2 months now...i wanna istall some reverse indiglo gauges for my car....ive seend them in pics and stuff......but where can i order them at.....all ive seen so far was for 1994-1995 t-birds.....i have a 1996 t-bird lx.....so if any of u guys can tell me where i would like to know....thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
What is a good connection to grab power from the parking lights for the powered indiglo guages? I am looking at my wiring schematic and I have a lead called "Illumination" in the harness that connects to the cluster but I am not sure if that is appropriate. The instructions specifically say not to connect these to the dimmer.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
doesnt the left harness on stock gauges control the function and then the other one controls the lighting?..my gauges moved when the left one was plugged in..but wasnt lit up..so then i re-connected the right harness a lot better then it light up..can you use that?..

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
porkchop2oo2 said:
doesnt the left harness on stock gauges control the function and then the other one controls the lighting?..my gauges moved when the left one was plugged in..but wasnt lit up..so then i re-connected the right harness a lot better then it light up..can you use that?..

-Mike
Yeah, I think I can use that.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Tpabokid said:
hey gotta question...im new to this site...ive had my t-bird for about 2 months now...i wanna istall some reverse indiglo gauges for my car....ive seend them in pics and stuff......but where can i order them at.....all ive seen so far was for 1994-1995 t-birds.....i have a 1996 t-bird lx.....so if any of u guys can tell me where i would like to know....thanks
well first off the guages are the same for '94 -'95 - '96 / '97 changes, also you can sometimes find the indiglo under the category of "94-95 cougar", the same

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tpabokid said:
You need to contact Scott Hrbacek if you want some custom wfg's for your bird. His gauges are as good as any name brand and what cost you as much here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/95Home.html

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Scott made my gauges. He did a good job, but the numbers are slightly blurry. Just watch whem you put them on to NOT use too much 3M sticky spray (if you choose to use it), it'll affect the lighting on the gauges. Oh yeah, don't drop your screws down into the steering column, it's a beast trying to find them!

·
Registered
513 Posts
i got some flamed gauges from him, they are really cool looking

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Naw, don't blame you. :cool:

I like just enough light on them to see them clearly. I hate really bright gage faces ... especially at night. The darker the gages are (while still allowing me to clearly see them), the brighter the rest of the world "out there" is ...
... and the world "out there" has things that can hurt me if I hit them at speed ...
... things like bears, deer, cows, horses, pot holes, sink holes, unmarked roadway edges, downed trees, etc that aren't lit ...
... not to mention the things with lights on them ... like cars and trucks.

Bright dash lighting causes the eyes to restrict a little and the world "out there" doesn't seem as bright then, and it's easier to miss important stuff.

Yeah, Dec 05? Wow, :rolleyes: I hadn't looked at the dates. :D

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I got some of Scotts white face gauges, they look great and I dont have them on the car yet! Im going to have to try to do it myself but the instructions seem pretty straight forward. Im going for the driving lights and brighter bulbs too, have the wiring harness just need the bulbs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Too bad something like whats below wont work to light the gauges a little better. Im soure they can be used... but i dont have the knowledge on how it use them lol. :(

My bezel if anyone is intrested... Ebay thing lol :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just put mine in the other day, they look great! thanks scott!
only problem is i bought the LED strip and now i have no lighting to light up my gauges lol, it dont work or idk somethings wrong. Im going to check it out later. does anybody know what wire to test behind the gauge to see if i got power going to light up the gauges?

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Just unplug the LED strips socket and turn the plug 180 degrees and plug it back in. That should fix it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts