TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Cougar is getting alot of miles on her (about 230,000 miles now) and me and the woman had a long discussion on this and she said that she doesnt feel like another car would fit me more better than the cougar does. So anyways, I was thinking of doing a PI engine swap. Ive already done a PI intake swap so I can just use all that over. Now, I want to reuse as much as I can, including most of the sensors I can and the computer. Basically I just want to swap over the aluminum block and heads. I dont want to rebuld the motor either, so Im gonna try to find a low mileage one. I should have around 3500-4000 bucks to use towards it. Any other advice?

Oh, and I did find an engine with 43K for $1000 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I did that in 2001. Don't do it for economics, but you really want to keep driving that car. I am at 14k and counting on my 95 and much of the car is 13 years old and could use painting. I did use all new parts, and have a new suspension and drive train. Probably could have bought a used GTO with a LS2 spending the same kind of money. Just wanted to keep the Bird and everything costs more than you estimate. Usually 2x is a good number.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the suspension is pretty much all new minus one strut rod bushing and inner tie rod, transmission is pretty new also. THe engine still runs really strong and all, no weird noises or anything. I just wanna do this while I have the money. I dont want down the road when I dont have the money and the engine lets out.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an issure on the 04/05 Explorer block about the engine mounts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts