TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in reponse to my treat by my insurance company Progressive.

I would suggest anyone that has to discontinue their coverage based upon the fact that they do not defend their insured nor offer Fair Market Value on Total Loss Claims.

I can get in to all the detail but suffice to say they value my 96 at only $2300 though FMV is ~$4000 according to AutoTrader, NADA, KBB, Edmunds and ads in the Atlanta paper (AJC).

Lets just say you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Please I went through the same crap with my 93 when it was in the accident they came up with a price I think it was $1600 then subtract $700 cause the miles are too high then $100 for salvage value oh and I got a percentage of the $1600 too I think based on liability if I remember right too

I ended up getting about $700 or I wouldve got about $900 if they kept the car
it cost me $700 and about $300 in parts to fix and I still havent painted it yet

trust me I know how you feel it f#$%in sucks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel free to add posititve reviews too and please list company name.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Progressive was on the phone with me as soon as I got home the day of the accident. They came out to a shop of my choice and approved the estimate set forth by a blue oval certified shop. Even after I picked up the car and noticed a cracked LED panel, they said no problem and covered a replacement. I did have to go back to the dealer a few times until they found one that had all good LED's though. They even paid for a scratch on the loaner car after some phone yelling from my side.
On a sidenote, the guy that rearended me also had progressive. That may, or may not have been the reason I was well taken care of.

P.S. I also got a separate check for all receipts faxed to them for all custom exhaust work I had done prior to the accident.

Jim

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
I had Permanant General of Ohio (http://www.pgac.com) when I totaled my 96 and they gave me $4,500 last year and it had 100k. They tried to lo-ball me with something like $3000. So I faxed them some adds out of autotrader (highest ones I could find), a KBB report and some receipts of the recent work I had done to my bird. They added any "non maintenance" items to it. I bought it back for $500 and got a salvage title. Pulled it all apart and transfered all the upgrades and new parts (that were still good) to my current bird which I picked up for $3,850 out the door! And I saved most of the car and had the rest towed to a local yard. So I have a ton of extra T-Bird parts back in Ohio that I still need to sell.

I actaully made out a bit in the end, but it was not worth all the work. Plus the old bird was much better!

I am now using prograssive. I switched to them when I got the new bird.

Yikes! I only have liabilty though...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
At one time I had insurance with progressive. And I had an accident of course. My car didn't really have any damage, neither did the motorcycle that I bumped into. The guy that own the motorcycle tried to sue me, progressive assigned me a lawyer and took it to court for me. It didn't cost anything for me, and my rate did not go up. I switched companies to Geico after that though because they had cheaper rates. Progressive was a little expensive, but since they took care of that incident for me they are good in my book.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Farm Bureau of Mississippi are great. When my mom hit me backing out of the drive way. I went and got esimates from each of our car's respective dealership's. Took the estimates to the claims center and had a personal check that afternoon. They even wavied my moms detuctable.

But this comes from having everything through them for years and that the insurace agent knows all our faces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts