TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to know how bad the hood clearance issues are with the 93 cobra's and 5.0 explorer intakes. which is taller? i know the lowers are the same, and that 94-5 cobras are the way to go. i also know that ill need an elbow with the 93s not sure about the explorers. anyone have either of these setups with a stock hood? im curious if the hood can be closed with dropping the engine with washers and trimming some bracing, and maybe shimming the hood brackets to raise up the hood over the intakes. post up, guys.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
and mike thats where i cut it, i reinstalled the blanket, leave it off, it just rubs

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
well if they are taller then you will need to cut some, since the smaller needed just a tad bit

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have an explorer intake in the garage ill measure it and get back to ya

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
mike , sorry for the delay ill measure later today for you

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ok on the explorer upper , from the base to the top is 5 1/2 inches

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
they are taller, they wont fit, i remember it being discussed a while back

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have mine for my 67 stang project, but i hadnt measured the cobra in my cougar

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hello

I had to raise my hood for clearance. But for a different reason. I needed hood clearance for my Aircleaner on top of my Carb.
Yes carb, I race this car on a 1/2mile asphalt Circle track. We can only use a 2bbl. carb.

I placed 3/4in Wood ferring strips peices under fenders & hood mounts. I had to retap the holes to 1/4-20 + longer bolts. I don't have any headlight assembly so I don't know if you will have any problems there.

You can see pictures of my car at:tessier-racing.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts