TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Why would you have to change the violin case? Wouldn't the filter be on the end, then the adapter, then your MAFS? If that is so, just get rid of the adapter and use a small piece of pipe or tube in between the filter and MAFS and secure on both sides

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
that filter "should" just fit right onto the MAF with just the clamp......i dont know why they would include the MAF adapter if our MAFs dont have that 4-bolt mounting scheme :zdunno:

unless that adapter has the square part attached to the MAF, in which case a rubber coupler that fits over the round end and your MAF housing is all u would need

also, why is there a girl on the phone in those pics on the auction? :zdunno:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I believe the adapter is used on 02 gt maf 80 and 90mm mafs so you dont need the adapter unless your upgrading the maf. Correct me if i'm wrong guys :)

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yup thats that i think, mattscoug94....im pretty sure that the filter is gonna have a standard round rubber opening that will just fit right onto the stock MAF

cougar #1, email the seller and ask them, in order to remove any and all doubt

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Its always good to have the adapter handy incase you do get a 80mm maf. If you 90mm you have to get a different one though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts