TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Very nice... How Much?
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the state of texas, any engine mods, such as headers and Intakes have to be C.A.R.B. Approved, wel at east thats what the inspection garage told me... Is there anyway to get the so called "CARB" sticker or anyway around this ???

·
5,650 Posts
I thought CARB was only applicable to products in California, as it is the CALIFORNIA Air Resources Board. Anyway, any product that is CARB approved will come with a sticker or plate that has an EO number on it. I imagine you could get the sticker from the company that makes it, but that is only if the product actually has the said sticker in the first place. There's no other place to get a sticker made.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
California Air Resource Board ?

In Texas ?

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Go to a different place and get the car inspected. When I got mine done the guy looked under the hood and said " Cool it looks fast" and slapped a sticker on the car.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
The C.A.R.B. sets the emissions standard that is being adopted by other states as well.

Id suggest finding another shop, or swapping your stock intake back on for the Smog inspection.

- Dan

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
California was the first smog nazi state and set the standards of the California Air and Resource Board. I heard of other states converting over to california emissions years ago or at least starting to convert. I guess they moved onto texas which means ALL modifications need a lil plaque/sticker/and-or label on it with the capital letters CARB Exempt and it will have a set of numbers or code on it. They sell carb exempt intakes with the plaques on them but thats why they go for $250+ on ebay rather than a cheap $30 intake like the one i have on my car.

Swap over the oem parts for inspection....only way to pass, sorry.

Thats why i didnt put long tube headers or any wild modifications with the pi motor i put in. Ive been talking to an old buddy of mine who is EPA/ARB certified and says i should have no problem passing smog as long as i go to a gas station or family smog shop and bring my old 4.6L plaque so they dont question the "running horse" plaque on my plenum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts