TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
California was the first smog nazi state and set the standards of the California Air and Resource Board. I heard of other states converting over to california emissions years ago or at least starting to convert. I guess they moved onto texas which means ALL modifications need a lil plaque/sticker/and-or label on it with the capital letters CARB Exempt and it will have a set of numbers or code on it. They sell carb exempt intakes with the plaques on them but thats why they go for $250+ on ebay rather than a cheap $30 intake like the one i have on my car.

Swap over the oem parts for inspection....only way to pass, sorry.

Thats why i didnt put long tube headers or any wild modifications with the pi motor i put in. Ive been talking to an old buddy of mine who is EPA/ARB certified and says i should have no problem passing smog as long as i go to a gas station or family smog shop and bring my old 4.6L plaque so they dont question the "running horse" plaque on my plenum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.