TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a redunant question but does anyone know how to make a custom intake for my 4.6l v8? Ive seen pics of custom intakes in the gallery but im not sure what to buy to build it.

Ive heard of a civic tube or what not.

Can someone give me a run down on the parts i need to buy?

Or even link me to a thread that already states it? I searched but couldent find much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
if you are worried about that, take a saw, cut the pipe that goes into the fender in half, so the filter isnt all the way down.

·
Super Moderator
12,025 Posts
http://www.gagfish.com/howto/air/index.html

I've been meaning to get some pictures of this set up on my car to post here. But alas, I'm on a long term assignment in Maine and probably won't be home 'till some time in September. Just fix this cheap little number up on your car throw a K&N filter in the air box and be amazed at the difference over stock. Be sure to secure it. I used long zip ties run through the bracket in the last pictures in the how-to article wrap them around the pipe and zip them back into each other and pull tight.

Good Luck!

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
forget that wussy civci tube

forget that little goofy lookin civic tube and do it with something a lil bigger. heres a link to shadowdragons gt intake tube mod. its what im runnin and its great. looks pretty raw, too.

http://www.mn12tbird.com/mods/gtintake/

hope that helps.

-john

edit: i forgot to mention to pull the silencer and attach a 9" cone filter to it. thatll have your air induction set up for way more horse than youll be makin for a while.... or so im told

·
Registered
2,639 Posts

3" exhaust pipe-0$
1' of 3 ply silicone hose-15$
and then find a cheap cone filter

just have a exhaust shop bend you a 3" pipe so that it can clear the hood & fuel rails

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Civic pipe and 3 inch down tube.For sale by the way.With K&n filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts