TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intake manifold just cracked, I have no money(in between jobs), and yes i searched but I'm stressing and in a hurry. Which year cars have compatible intake manifolds that are direct bolt ups? Preferably not another junk manifold made of plastic. Plastic is for Power Wheels not intake manifolds :/
So from what I gather the Crown Vics came with aluminum cross overs? Are the Mk8 intakes compatible or no since they are DOHC?
Keep in mind I'm probably going to be getting this from the J-yard. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have one with the updataed aluminum crossover. Like new came off my old engine before I put the built enfing in it this spring. I'll take $50 shipped for it.

Chris

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I have one with the updataed aluminum crossover. Like new came off my old engine before I put the built enfing in it this spring. I'll take $50 shipped for it.

Chris
Thats a fine deal right there. All of mine have the plastic crossover, but I would let one go for shipping.

Honestly, his deal is much better.

Darrin

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Thats a fine deal right there. All of mine have the plastic crossover, but I would let one go for shipping.

Honestly, his deal is much better.

Darrin
same here, I have a NPI all composite manifold rotting in the garage, nothing is wrong with it, just a spare.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
what type of payment for the aluminum crossover?
Money order/cashiers check/personal check (that will take 5 days to clear)

Let me know, Chris

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you'll be lucky to get away for 100+ at the junkyard

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uhg i typed this already and didnt post, i got a 94 thinking only the plenum was diff, i knew the heads were diff but i thought the intake was compatible, guess not. is there anyway to make the 94 style intake work on a 96 head? it was only $21 at pic n pull, cheap ay? i can scan the receipt for proof lol and its aluminum. i guess ill be returning it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Still for sale $50.00

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
dorman manifolds suck eggs, search and you shall see

·
Registered
483 Posts
ummm, i'll take it if it's a PI, i still have the old style and i'm worried it'll go....not meaning to jump over the riceeater... let me know...thx

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Not a PI intake.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i found a 97 town car which was the last compatible vehicle there and somebody pulled the driveline, i sadly walked away and stumbled over the intake laying on the ground lol
ive looked it over and over and over and i cant find any defects in it, it still had all of the hardware attached so i stripped it down and exchanged it. ill clean it up and install it tomorrow after i get some felpro gaskets and be done with it, hopefully! thank you all for your help i greatly appreciate the responses, ill be sure to let you all know if this one works! btw pic n pull $21.17 for any v8 intake manifold! trannies are like a $100 and same for motor, so im going to be looking for both to start building up on

1 - 20 of 67 Posts