TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a remanufactured 4.6L for my tbird. I have a 94, and I dont want to reuse the 94 intake manifold. I was wondering where i could buy a 96 style manifold, and if it would cause any problems on my car. Its a 94, andthe 96 manifolds have the throttle body perpendicualr to teh cylinders, so it be easier to add aftermarket parts such as intake tubes. Please help me with ur suggestion.

Also, since I am puttin in a new engine, what else should I do to my car, since im gonna have the engine out? I already plan to get a new water pump, oil pump(high performance just in case). anything else that would help me out in the long run to make my car last another 100k miles. thanks

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You could buy a low mileage PI engine, and have a little left over for the cost of a remanufactured '94 engine and intake swap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whatsthe deal with these pi engines. ive heard of them.. where do i get one, how much, and would i have to do anythign elseto my carto put it in, such as computer tuning and what not?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
a PI means performance improved, that came out in 99+ 4.6L mustangs.....PI because they boast 260HP at the crank

you're gonna get this a lot, but search the 4.6 forum for " PI engine swap" and you'll find pretty much all the info you'd need

1 - 4 of 4 Posts