1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part Number on this piece is:
M356A
>PA6-(M+G) 40<

Its a black piece that connects the plenum and intake thru tubing. Im curious to know what the name of this part is and if there is any aftermarket piece that is possibly billet/chrome/etc?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
an angled tube thing, with a box in the middle? i'm vexed. saw it on my gf's stang when i changed teh pcv valve.. just left it alone.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
an angled tube thing, with a box in the middle? i'm vexed. saw it on my gf's stang when i changed teh pcv valve.. just left it alone.
That little box just removes the resonance often heard when air is brought through the IAC. On a cold morning without one of those it sounds like a moose call

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
wierd. no performance hit or anyhting? just there... hmm.. wonder if the internals are special... maybe make one out of aluminum, get some aluminum pipe... and voila! lol.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
iac muffler

i have one under the car

you need one sarah? i eliminated it..

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I dont need one..I have my factory one on..had no idea what it was and was tryin to find out on here.. Hoped there was an aftermarket one or something. So technically we dont it?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
no, it is not needed.. just a muffler... like an IAC air silencer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.