TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the PI headswap done up along with the PI intake.. It starts, not clunking so the cam timing is fine... how about the the intake gasket being bad? It makes a extremely loud noice.. Like a sucking sound.. We are going to tear the intake off one last time and see the condition of the gaskets... It also sounds like it is just coming from the front side of the intake... not both sides, think it might just be the gaskets or do you guys think its the vacum problem? Also That vacum tree I had before snapped in the middle of winter so I had to replcae it to get my brakes back. Hoses were hooked up to somthing before thing happened..

I really dont want to take it to ford!

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
i will try to get my pictures uploaded and show you what I did with my vacumn lines. Other people used the PCV but I didn't like the idea of it being where the oil was. I ended up doing a t-fitting in the back of the upper. Are you using the GT upper? Might be a dumb question, but you did torque everything down well, correct? Spray some carb and choke cleaner in the area where you hear the air, and see if the car surges, if it does, track it down....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
KrAzyT said:
i gave up on her...

I am taking it somwhere

Thats thw worst thing you can do. If you give up on her and take it to a mehanic, he's gonna charge you alot, cause he would need to check everythin you did. First thing is check the gaskets and make sure you put enought pressure when putiing the bolts, if the gaskets are ok, then check you vacums line, they are a PITA belive me, I also did had problems with them. Take your time and fix it your self, that way you will learn, because if you want to more $hit to your car and you are going to act like that, then dont do anything to it and pay to get ti done.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
patience daniel son.... thats sweet sweet mod money going to that mechanic...

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
KrAzyT said:
I have No money left man and no car
Not good man. You know what they say when you do major modifications like this, allow for twice the money and time that you need to finish.

Get out there and tinker with it and give us some details of what the problem is so we can help YOU fix it.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im gunna take my video camera over there and record it... ill show yall

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
did you pull the intake off to see if the gaskets were seated right?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
did you check the intake for cracks (if you bought used).

Frank

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its new from Dan,,, makes sucking sounds from intake... could timing be off and car still able to run right?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
KrAzyT said:
its new from Dan,,, makes sucking sounds from intake... could timing be off and car still able to run right?
yea the timing could be off one or two teeth and the car will still run fine, just be down on power. but if the timing was off i wouldnt think it would make a sucking sound. did you get any check engine codes?

Frank

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts