TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

I have a friend who is a Mustang guy & a big ebay seller of Mustang parts & other misc. Ford parts & as a matter of fact when Kenny Brown went out of business for a bit a while back this friend sold a LOT of Kenny's back stock including several Thunderbird, SC & TC parts (this was right before I got my 97 Sport:boom:) So I missed out big time because the TBird parts did horrible on eBay. Could have got about $1100+ in brand new aftermarket parts for around $200:( .

Any way on to the intake question:

This same friend "knows his Fords" he told me he had a friend who offered to give him an aluminum intake for the 4.6L. Whats up with that as I know it is very for real & my friend is getting it & giving it to me for free. I guess it went on eBay before but it did not sell? It is older (mid 94/95ish) so my friend said?? I did not know there was ever an aluminum intake on the 4.6 & if there was what is up with it & the ups & downs in using one. (its not aftermarket either).

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The 94 and 95 4.6's all had aluminum intakes. Instead of the throttle body sitting on top of the motor pointing to the passenger side, the throttle body comes up from the back of the intake and points forward.
Don't bother with that intake, as you have a better one already. If you want to do an intake upgrade you should do a PI swap. You could also go with a Bullitt intake but that is $$$.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 94/95 manifold is best used as an anchor for a john boat.
Well I could use a good anchor for my row boat so I guess it's not totally useless to me.....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.