TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Mark VIII engine in my 95 TBird & am using the Bird airbox adapted to the Mark MAF & intake tube. Rather than a panel filter I am running a cone filter inside the fender. The airbox is empty & sealed with weather stripping. This is for stock appearance to satisfy certain state govenment agencies. My question is: does the air flowing from the 3" tube in the fender going into the empty airbox cause any adverse turbulence as it goes into the MAF? I was thinking about fabricating tubing within the box to connect the cone filter to the MAF to get a smoother airflow. Does this make sense or would it be a waste of time?
Thanks in advance for your expert opinions.

Jim

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
you should be fine as you axplained it that you are now but you could also do like you said a tube fron the maf to the filter inside the box but if the car is running good and you dont have any problems dont even bother i would just use the panel filter in the box and get rid of the cone .

Jurgen

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do you think they would notice the difference if you went to a different style of factory box? You could possibly use the round cone filter box from a mustang.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Jurgen said:
you should be fine as you axplained it that you are now but you could also do like you said a tube fron the maf to the filter inside the box but if the car is running good and you dont have any problems dont even bother i would just use the panel filter in the box and get rid of the cone .

Jurgen

:zwthstpd: :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts