TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I've also got codes for both O2 sensors but I don't know if those are failure points on this car or just bad codes. The exhaust manifolds may be leaky as well.
If you are getting a code for the heater circuits it's a possable problem with the engine computer. Just thought I'd let you know incase you replace the O2s and you still get the same result. Seems a few people over the years have ran into that happening on the MN12's, myself included. I would assume the Mark8 is the same because it has a simmilar engine computer.

·
Super Moderator
16,752 Posts
If you are getting a code for the heater circuits it's a possable problem with the engine computer. Just thought I'd let you know incase you replace the O2s and you still get the same result. Seems a few people over the years have ran into that happening on the MN12's, myself included. I would assume the Mark8 is the same because it has a simmilar engine computer.
They actually aren’t similar, so not necessarily. Despite being one of Ford’s most expensive cars at the time, the 93-95 Mark VIIIs used OBDI 60 pin PCMs, not the 104 pin OBDII PCMs all 94-97 4.6 MN12s did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've also got codes for both O2 sensors but I don't know if those are failure points on this car or just bad codes. The exhaust manifolds may be leaky as well.
That is highly useful information, thank you for sharing. The factory specs don't even list how many O-rings are on the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For anyone in the future seeing this code, replacing the intake manifold gasket resolved the problem. There was nothing wrong with either O2 sensor

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
For people who find this, and are looking for leaks:

An easy way to find vacuum leaks is to take a propane torch, unlit, and spray propane around the various areas that might leak.

If the propane gets sucked in, the fuel trims will respond on a datalog, and if it's idling rough, it will straighten out.

This is slightly dangerous, but propane doesn't burn any faster than you can move your hands, unlike starter fluid.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts