TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
i have a Gt tube i am not sure what year it was from but it looked like it might fit caz i went and tryed it out there but everything is cold and frozen and if i would have tryed it with a flat hear screw driver it could work but i dont want to scrach ur tbody you know .

Jurgen

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
guitar maestro said:
i'm pretty sure my stock intake tube won't fit, but does the '02 GT intake tube fit on a 75mm TB? i'm assuming its larger since it uses an 80mm MAF...correct me if i'm wrong
They still use a 65mm TB.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
just get a piece of rubber they use for intercooler piping....

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
You still may be able to get the stock tube onto a 75mm TB, I think I have read that it fits, just barely though. May want to lube tube and TB and give it a shot.

·
Registered
615 Posts
one of the guys was havin a B**** of a time putting a stock tube on a 70mm body so I doubt it will fit. I have the 03 GT tube and it is wide at the bottom end where the MAF is and it narrows up toward the TB side.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I couldn't get mine over the stock TB, so I just welded one together from two 3" diameter mandrel bends with a 4" radius. I picked them up from a local muffler shop for 30 bucks. The silicon turbo hose that I used came from Hose Techniques and they have the best prices I could find on it. They even had transitions that let me go from my 3" pipe to the 03 GT MAF no sweat. The whole project took maybe 3 hours and wasn't too tough...I still need to paint it though. If you have access to a welder, I definately recommend doing it.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts