TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for an intake tube that will work on a 96 style engine, and that goes down to put the air filter UNDER the location of the the removed stock air box. I have done a home made ram air, but I want something that looks a lot better. Any info, pics would be appreciated. Bradd

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got my old set up sitting in a box in the garage. Its pretty much exactly what you just described. If you're interested I can probably come up with a price.

Not sure I can still find that plate that the tube goes through however.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Let me make sure I have all the pieces, and see what they're going for on Ebay (where I got it) and I'll sell it to you for half of what they're asking.

edit: well, I've looked and there isn't one like that for the 4.6 on Ebay... drat. So, how bout 30.00 plus shipping (seems to be less than what the complete set for the 5.0 and the 3.8 are going for)

That is of course assuming I have all the parts. I'll check now

Edit II: Yep, all parts are here... Haven't found the cone filter yet, but I'm sure its here somewhere... I'll let you know.

Edit III Ok, all parts here and accounted for. I'll even wash and oil the filter for you.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Traveler if blaze doesn't want it I'll take it.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
If you have all the parts I have funds available right now.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Bought it on Ebay years ago, can't remember the buyer, but I just did a search for it and can't find it or anything like it. Don't know the brand or part number.

I think I offered it to someone earlier, but can't remember.. so in this thread BB is the first, if he doesn't want it then Chris and so on and so on. LOL makes me wish I'd asked more for it!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Traveler pm me back asap. I'd really like to purchase this if BB doesn't buy it from you. He's got dibs. I'm next in line.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Bought it on Ebay years ago, can't remember the buyer, but I just did a search for it and can't find it or anything like it. Don't know the brand or part number.

I think I offered it to someone earlier, but can't remember.. so in this thread BB is the first, if he doesn't want it then Chris and so on and so on. LOL makes me wish I'd asked more for it!
That is a hell of a deal. I paid $209 plus shipping last summer from SCP for the MAC intake.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I do know its not a MAC..

And a good polishing wouldn't hurt it in the least... some metal polish and some elbow grease (the elbow grease isn't included)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I do know its not a MAC..

And a good polishing wouldn't hurt it in the least... some metal polish and some elbow grease (the elbow grease isn't included)
Do you know where to get elbow grease and maybe some knee grease?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
traveller, i appreciate you checking in to that for me, if chris wants it, it;s ok with me, i actually got one from Bill at scp a few mins after researching this subject. I appreciate the help you gave me. Thanks, Bro

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out for everyone. Just waiting on the response back from Traveler.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Do you know where to get elbow grease and maybe some knee grease?
LOL Don't know.. I do know its been in very short supply around my house lately!!

Chris, you have mail

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm either crazy or stupid.

I hate the fact you have to drop the bumper support (what ever the black plastic piece is under the bumper) to remove the filter so last Sat I removed the tube/plate that locates the filter under the bumper and introduced it to Mr Sawsall:D

I cut a straight 3" piece out of the upper tube, and 2" out of the tube that runs to the throttle body and moved the filter to the stock location. Now I need to make a box so I'm not sucking hot air.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Best bet for a good filter, cold air, lots of filter area, etc. is an 02-04 Mustang GT airbox. you'll need either an adapter or a GT MAF to go with it, but works well.. of course you don't get the fancy shiny looks that way either...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Best bet for a good filter, cold air, lots of filter area, etc. is an 02-04 Mustang GT airbox. you'll need either an adapter or a GT MAF to go with it, but works well.. of course you don't get the fancy shiny looks that way either...
Cool! I don't want the shiny bits anyways:D

I'm running an 85mm MAF now.:evil3:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts