TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has or makes intake tubes for '97 MN12's. I seen someone here made a pretty good tube, but can't remember or find who. ANy help?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got an older one from Ebay I'll sell. A little elbow grease and it'd look pretty sharp. I'll get pics up if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Exactly, I have a Mustang oem one (rubber, no provision for IAT so I cut it in) attached to the airbox/MAF, but other than slightly different angle for the IAC tube and the one that goes to the drivers side cam cover, they are alot alike. It is slightly larger inside than the one it replaced, I STRUGGLED to get the OEM one on the GT MAF.

I THINK I had one of the C&L cast ones, but it got very very hot and I am sure it hurt more than helped, but that was on 110 degree ambient with 140 degree inlet temps, car in the 220 degree range, so I sold it off.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Slowride,

I have the MAC system referred to by Canadian_LX. It is well made and fits OK in my '97. The "limiting factor" is that it is only 3" diameter. I would have liked a larger size to better match with my Lightning 90mm MAF, but nobody makes one for an MN12 that I am aware of.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,262 Posts
The mac tube is good. Just dont use the double 90 degree bend, it causes too much air flow turbulence.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
The car pictured is a 5.0 car, not a 96-97 4.6, and not a 94-95 4.6 for sure.

Really, not sure, does it have ARC? that is the same coolant bottle my 89 3.8 NA has.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Slowride,

I have the MAC system referred to by Canadian_LX. It is well made and fits OK in my '97. The "limiting factor" is that it is only 3" diameter. I would have liked a larger size to better match with my Lightning 90mm MAF, but nobody makes one for an MN12 that I am aware of.
you ever see the tubes that RobertP made? I'm sure he can make you a kicka** one.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you ever see the tubes that RobertP made? I'm sure he can make you a kicka** one.

That's who I'm looking for!! Thanks guitar maestro!! He sent me an e-mail with a pic of his tube and I liked it, but didn't have any $$$ at the time. Then my last computer crapped out on me and I lost hie e-mail and couldn't remember his TCCoA name. Know how to get ahold of him??

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, I probably should have stated I already have a MAC tube. It's an ok tube, I just never liked how the "nibs" for the hose hookups are pushed into rubber gromets....would rather have one with the bungs welded / molded in the tube in a one piece design. To me, that just looks cleaner. Thanks again guys!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts