TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: How much would it cost for a Bullit Intake??? And how much HP would it give to my car????? There are also otrher types of intakes systems, right??? PLease bear with me... I'm a newbie, i'm learning.. Just bought my v-8 Cat 3 months ago...
Would you recommend on putting a K&N cone filter??? or a panel one???? Thanx guys.... Also any advice on mods for my car... are welcome.. I just put the exhaust on my car.. That all that i have on.... and air silencer removed...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The bullitt intake only will work with PI heads. And I think right now they go for something around $1300 for everything for the intake.

To use you stock heads you need the SVO intake and that will cost around $1800 i think.

As far as HP with the intakes I dont know, heard something like 35hp once but that might have been with a supercharger.

For the K&N, its up to you. Most people will say the panel because you wont be sucking hot engine air if you the airbox in. For the cone, its best to either put it in the fender or get a heat shield.

What did you do for the exhaust?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 2 flowmaster mufflers.... I had removed the 3rd cat and the resonator... This guy put pipe 2.5... Y pipe instead of the 3rd cat.. and went all the way to the back.... But he put the same pipes that connected the mufflers.. I don't like the way they sound.. Do you think that the original pipe that he left there is affecting the sound???:confused:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well you still got to look at it that you are only running one pipe to the back of the car. You should have gone with removing the 3rd cat and running duals back. Then that would change the sound.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah, i know i screwed up..... I went with this other guy and he wants 2 charge me 290 for dual exhaust.... 2 1\4 pipe..... is that a good price??? And how much will change the sound??? Cause i still need to sell the exhaust that i have right now...

·
Registered
236 Posts
what year cat do you have?

the engine and also the exhaust manifolds control the exhaust tones. if you have the restrictive heads and stock intake and manifolds on the car, you would most likely get the same tone no matter what you do to the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
i put 2.25" pipes with borla mufflers and it changed the sound a lot. This weekend I will get a video clip of my car so watch the boards for it to see what it sounds like. and I paid like $280 for the duals. And then $75 a piece for the mufflers. Cant wait to see what it will sound like after I do the heads and JBA's

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
just to give you a idea....
The price is on the raffle page.

"
Bullitt Intake
Part# Description Retail
2R3Z-9424-AB Intake Manifold $291.67
2R3Z-9A589-DA Upper Plenum $409.60
2R3Z-9E926-AB Throttle Body $144.00
-W705279-S309 3/8 Plug $ 1.38
YL3Z-9439-AA Intake Gaskets x 2 $ 10.66
2R3Z-9E930-AA Intake Spacer Gasket $ 43.10
F7LZ-9E936-AA Throttle Body Gasket $ 3.22
1R3Z-9A758-BA Throttle Cable $ 26.49
1R3Z-9A825-DA Speed Control Actuator $ 12.50
1R3Z-9728-BA Accelerator Bracket $ 21.28
2R3Z-10153-AA Alternator Bracket $ 20.00
YR3Z-10346-AARM Lightning Alternator $179.48

Total Retail = $1163.38
"

still need PI heads before that though

-Shawn

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 95 XR-7 Cougar... It does have some sound, but i thought that flowmaster would give a deep sound that i'l looking for.. Maybe it's the way they put them.... I want to post the picture so can see it...... but i think i'm gonna take a while......
What other mods can i put on my car???? I've never raced my car on a 1\4, but i think i'm in the high 14...
The other day i raced a Saleen:D and he beet me for about 1 lenght of a car.. I'm not joking.... So i think i'm not that bad.. I guess:p .

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe, but i did not had the money to buy them.. By the way.. Nice web page that you have..... Were's all the pics at???
Any other mods that i can do???

·
Registered
809 Posts
You do have aluminum heads all the 4.6 T-birds should. I may be wrong about this but I KNOW I have aluminum heads on my 97.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey BlackTbird96, i was just messing with you dude..... By the way.. Nice car.. I like alot the color..... Have you thought of putting the black headlights to your car?? It will look cool.... Gotta love the rims....:D Pretty impresive i must say..
What's you numbers on a 1\4 mile?? I would really like 2 know... By the way.... the tips..... NO man....:p

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Im working on getting headlight and taillight covers but the head are going on first. The car has yet to be on a dyno or the strip. Next season it will. Right now the car is basicly stock.

My goals are:

8/30/02 start the PI heads with all the other stuff
Over the winter I want to work on the suspension. Sway bars, STB, poly bushing all around. and some nice shocks/springs.
Then in the spring get a nice paint job.

After that I might be done (haha)

But right now im very focused on getting everything ready for the heads. I hope to hit around 260RWHP and run in the 14's.

And about the aluminum heads, I thought we had didn't have them because everywhere I see that we dont. I have yet to find a site that says we do but who knows. I first thought there were aluminum too.

·
Registered
809 Posts
We do have aluminium heads.....but you have two pair ya lucky SOB. I'm a few month away from getting mine. PI heads AND a five speed woo hoo, can't wait!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
809 Posts
I all ready have a 5 speed {T-45} but the heads will have to wait till this fall. I'm having too much fun to pull it of the road right now. he he { I was just joking with the SOB comment}

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I know you were/have been joking around. I want a 5-speed but i think that is beyond my knowledge to install. Maybe after I save for a while I can get someone else to install it for me.

Do you got 1/4 times?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts