TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
A 89 Tbird has become available over here at the right price. I was looking as using as a cheap parts car. Other than the obvious ( hood and interior ) are other parts interchangeable with my 95 ? Such as front and rear screens, fenders and doors ??
Thanks as always

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
The 89 hood would also require the headlight header panel and lights, and maybe front cover. The interiors are completely different from 89 to 95 and are not a direct swap. The seats will swap, but the 89 has the auto-belts. The fenders and glass are the same. I think the doors would need some work to accept the 95 panels, but will bolt in. The trunk lid/lights can be swapped as an assembly. I'm not sure about the rear cover.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
The difference in the doors is in the area where the wiring goes into them from the car. The 95 has a larger opening. I believe you said you were overseas, so if you need a door, and that one is available and in good shape, you could make it work by modifying that part of the opening. The fenders are the same, as are all the glass except for possibly the quarter glass, as that could be with or without the chrome trim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts