TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a Dodge intrepid with an intercooled intake. He had a pipe routed from the TB down to where an intercooler is normally mounted. It went into one side of the intercooler and he had a cone filter on the other side. LMAO. I thought this was absolutely stupid as sh_t. But then again hell, maybe a good idea (shrug). I wouldnt be caught dead with it though.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
Believe it or not this is VERY common among the DSM crowd. I'd say 2/3rds of the Eclipses or 240s I've seen with big Intercoolers wedged into the bumper cover openings just have a filter at one of the ends :facepalm:

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
The owner of the Intrepid does not understand the purpose of an intercooler. It's certainly useful for cooling the hot, compressed air from its source of forced induction, but it serves no other purpose for a naturally aspirated engine other than curb appeal (so to speak).

He may actually think it does something for performance, most likely due to the placebo effect.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I would think it would hurt performance because of more bends in the tract

·
Super Moderator
10,401 Posts
I would think it would hurt performance because of more bends in the tract
It can't possibly help without boost, unless the area thru it is as big as the TB; and even then it's something else to heat soak.

If you're going for bling, do it right.

I'm polishing a Gen II intake, and thinking of chroming it... :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Solong as he doesnt open the hood he's got some form of forced induction.......... Or at least that's what tehy are trying to pass off. "Yea bro, check out the intercooler, I got another 100hp over stock" sounds just like a DSM owner..... lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solong as he doesnt open the hood he's got some form of forced induction.......... Or at least that's what tehy are trying to pass off. "Yea bro, check out the intercooler, I got another 100hp over stock" sounds just like a DSM owner..... lol
Naw it was at a show. He had the hood open and it was pretty polished pipe coming from the intercooler to the TB with a red filter on the other side. I looked really good lmao. I was like WTH but then later than day I was like shoot that may be a good idea but then again it looks dumb as hell once you know what it is lmao.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts