1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Here in sunny Palm Beach (translates to hot and muggy), the maserati sightings are almost as common as seeing a volkswagon. More disturbing is seeing the pilots of many of the high dollar vehicles who cant be many years out of diapers. We have a few of these stalking the roads (a pretty rare sight) and the first thing you would notice about it would be the sound that it makes. It sounds like nothing else on the road. Hey for a half million bucks, i'll take 2!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Here in sunny Palm Beach (translates to hot and muggy), the maserati sightings are almost as common as seeing a volkswagon. More disturbing is seeing the pilots of many of the high dollar vehicles who cant be many years out of diapers. We have a few of these stalking the roads (a pretty rare sight) and the first thing you would notice about it would be the sound that it makes. It sounds like nothing else on the road. Hey for a half million bucks, i'll take 2!

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/06/03/162436.1-lg.jpg
it sounds like a Spitfire.....Nein! Messerschmidt!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ive been seeing a lot of vipers of all years. They aren't super rare, but Im still glad I saw them to say the least. Muscle cars are popping up on the highways from all the car shows that have been goin on in New England. Can't complain about that either!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I saw a Yenko Nova and an early '70s GTO convertible on Saturday afternoon, and Sunday I saw a '68 Mustang done up to look like the one from Bullitt.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yesterday, while leaving the Arsenal, I was on a three lane highway:

I was in the right lane (in my little red Aspire... :leftright)

This was in the middle lane:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/03/07/039428.1-lg.jpg

and this was in the left lane:
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1966-Buick-Skylark-Red-Convertible-nf.jpg

Not a couple of cars you see very often!!! :beek:

Those aren't the actual cars, but they looked identical down to the color and models! :D

ahh. yes...the Maserati Gran Turismo. I just saw one of those about a month ago in the weirdest of places (a cowboy boot store :confused:). I was struck by it, went online to research and drool at it...and its now my desktop picture :D. If only it would have had something more than a v8...:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I saw a 69 Dodge Charger just today, it was gray, with some nice rim on it. The car was just bada**. When i saw it my jaw dropped onto the steering wheel, he looked at me and smiled and left about two 50ft black marks. I was in shock,because i had never seen a car that popular in real life.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I saw a 69 Dodge Charger just today, it was gray, with some nice rim on it. The car was just bada**. When i saw it my jaw dropped onto the steering wheel, he looked at me and smiled and left about two 50ft black marks. I was in shock,because i had never seen a car that popular in real life.
:rofl::uppoint: theres a blue one around here.. theres a guy just down the street from me with a 78 Camaro pro street car.. i love the summer when hes working on it and he fires it up in the evenings.. (gotta love open headers :D). theres a few vipers here in Bradenton but my favorite to see about once a year is the guy in Sarasota with the Mercedes SL600 AMG with the chrome paint.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
:rofl::uppoint: theres a blue one around here.. theres a guy just down the street from me with a 78 Camaro pro street car.. i love the summer when hes working on it and he fires it up in the evenings.. (gotta love open headers :D). theres a few vipers here in Bradenton but my favorite to see about once a year is the guy in Sarasota with the Mercedes SL600 AMG with the chrome paint.

I think I seen that Mercedes!! I was there in march and seen one with chrome paint! You guys have freakin Plastic surgeons on every street corner in that town!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think I seen that Mercedes!! I was there in march and seen one with chrome paint! You guys have freakin Plastic surgeons on every street corner in that town!
:rofl::rofl::rofl: i dont get out to sarasota much except when i worked for napa.. but yea.. there are a helluva lot of plastic surgeons in that city lmao. did you happen to eat at barnacle bills or the anna maria oyster bar?? great food.. just incase you decide to come back lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
you should come out to the 561. We have more plastic surgeons per capita in palm beach than Beverly Hills. Needless to say, there is a lot largeness at the strip clubs:eek:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i see you didnt catch the correlation between plastic surgeons and largeness....
oh i did. i just thot id out a twist on it considering i live in the more redneckish part of florida lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Yesterday, while leaving the Arsenal, I was on a three lane highway:

I was in the right lane (in my little red Aspire... :leftright)

This was in the middle lane:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/03/07/039428.1-lg.jpg

and this was in the left lane:
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1966-Buick-Skylark-Red-Convertible-nf.jpg

Not a couple of cars you see very often!!! :beek:

Those aren't the actual cars, but they looked identical down to the color and models! :D
Don,

do you work at Redstone?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts