TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
mark,

what is happening in that video? i've never seen anything like that before.

Frank

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Thsoe are sooooooooooooo sweet. I have witnessed a few while out at sea.They do a little air show for us before we pull back into home port.On my 99-2000 cruise the 14 boys did one and while turning around a few miles out the engines shut down, couldnt get them started again and bailed out.No one got hurt and the helicopter squadron I was in went to save them.
On the 2001-2002 cruise they did an airshow for us and we didnt open the doors on one helicopter, well when the "sonic boom" hit it caused the windows of the one helicopter to shatter.It was only one of the front windhields but they are a pita to change, espically when you have to get all the glass and sealant out of it.
Nice video.
Chris

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
that vid has been around

supposedly you see it going faster than the speed of sound, creating that wave effect?

·
Registered
253 Posts
LX-Tasy said:
Thsoe are sooooooooooooo sweet. I have witnessed a few while out at sea.They do a little air show for us before we pull back into home port.On my 99-2000 cruise the 14 boys did one and while turning around a few miles out the engines shut down, couldnt get them started again and bailed out.No one got hurt and the helicopter squadron I was in went to save them.
On the 2001-2002 cruise they did an airshow for us and we didnt open the doors on one helicopter, well when the "sonic boom" hit it caused the windows of the one helicopter to shatter.It was only one of the front windhields but they are a pita to change, espically when you have to get all the glass and sealant out of it.
Nice video.
Chris
Hmmm 99 - 2000, wouldn't happen to have been on the JFK would ya'??? I seem to remember pulling back into NOB with a little souvenir from a Tomcat on our quarterdeck :eek:

Dave

·
Registered
709 Posts
yep, I'm not an Army nut or anything but I love fighter jets so much! I have always said that the fighter jet is the most bad arse things man has ever created. The sports car / V8 comes next!

Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts