TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Nice comparison on thise two locations. I'd rather just have both readings available at once, like on a digital readout.

I have my gauge sensor at the cooler inlet. I've also taken my Xcal II with me on hot days and observed the temp gauge reading <i>less</i> than what the PCM was indicating the oil temp in the pan was. I thought I had a bad ground at the gauge sender at that point but all appears well so one of those sensors is a bit off.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Ya know for space and functionality it would be nice to put sensors in both lines and run them with a switch to a single gauge where you could switch it to read inlet/outlet. would make plumbing the lines easy too. Just a thought Jeff...Can you come up with a second sending unit and a switch?
Alan

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
I'm sure you would wanna see the coolest temps but the most important would be the one coming out of the trans so you get a close enough reading on what temperature the tranny is.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
driller, what are you working on in that pic?

Oh and I meant the second reading would be in the pan, not the cooler outlet. I wish the Scangauge could read the trans oil temp from the EEC, then the pan temp would be available as well as my cooler inlet temps on the analog gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
In reality, regardless where the tranny temp comes from or what the actual temp reading is, it is irrelevant. What you should really be watching is any distinct change from normal. Mine indicates approximately 150* cruising the highway. If one day I notice it higher, it will gain my attention.

BTW, I believe that pic was during the install of the front braces.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dirtyd0g said:
Ya know for space and functionality it would be nice to put sensors in both lines and run them with a switch to a single gauge where you could switch it to read inlet/outlet. would make plumbing the lines easy too. Just a thought Jeff...Can you come up with a second sending unit and a switch?
Alan
Not a bad idea! For now, I think I'll just stay with a single sensor though. Since mine has been installed on the return line, I already know what it is running for that. It will be interesting to see what the temp is before my 40K cooler though. My return line (after the cooler) is running about 125-135* with temps in the low 90's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts