TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 SC 5-speed with 89K miles on it. i just put on new 8mm taylor wires, autolite double platinum plugs, new water pump, power steering pump, and new serpentine belt (WP, ALT, PS) and the car was running so damn good, i couldnt even tell the car was running when i was stopped and at idle, then i stepped on the gas, and oh man the tires were breakin loose let me tell ya. it was like a brand new car.
BUT!!! the other night i raced my buddy who put a turbo on his prelude (boo hondas) and instantly after i was done whippin his *** i noticed a little vibration at idle and i cant tell what it is. it feels like a miss, it might be a miss, i gotta tear into it, i can feel it all the way through the power band now. the car still runs good, just feels like a miss, and when backin off the throttle you can hear the exaust popping as the RPMs go down when you stand behind the car. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!

i just gave it a tune up? can it be a loose wire thats TUCKED TO NICELY UNDER ALL THE INTERCOOLER PIPES AND INTAKE AND ALL THOSE DAMNED TUBES WHERE IT TAKES 3 HOURS TO GET TO?!?!?!

please help me!

Adam

Rage Racing!!!
My SC website

·
Registered
37 Posts
plug wire could not be all the way on,
improper gap on the plugs, what did you gap them too?

motor mounts are a big one, i just did those and the car is running smooth as hell now.
also check that all your flange bolts are still there, with these exaust systems being SS, the bolts tend to work thier way free easily because of the different heat expanding temps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts