TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I saw something on here before about a gel you could use to color the lights in your cars interior. Of course I may be crazy. If anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate some information. I'd rather color my existing bulbs that buy new ones.

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts

194's are our interior lights? I wanted to change my interior lights in my 93lx. The ones up in the little roof light system. Is there much involved with removing that to put new bulbs in?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The ones on the floor by your feet are 194's. Im not sure about the other ones. But autozone has all the colored light and if not order them from summit

·
Registered
855 Posts
stage gel is the stuff i think you're talkin about........was told they sell them at guitar shops and the like.......it's supposed to be a "film" that goes over the lights on the stage and you can cut it to fit your needs (comes in sheets).......well most people buy colored bulbs and find otu that with time the colors will fade and give you all sorts of shades of the rainbow........the most permanent option i've read was to get some bulb covers..........i believe that summit sells them.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Autozone has the bulb colors too. All of my interior lights are red now.
--Craig

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
94birdnj said:
stage gel is the stuff i think you're talkin about........was told they sell them at guitar shops and the like.......it's supposed to be a "film" that goes over the lights on the stage and you can cut it to fit your needs (comes in sheets).......well most people buy colored bulbs and find otu that with time the colors will fade and give you all sorts of shades of the rainbow........the most permanent option i've read was to get some bulb covers..........i believe that summit sells them.
Gel sheets won't fade either, they are also made from high-temp plastic that withstands temps put off by floodlamps. I tried one of the dome light bulb covers from autozone and it started melting within a couple minutes of the door being open.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
I have used blue gel sheets and cut them to size for every single light in my interior, including the map lights and instrument display. It looks great because I have a digital display, plus it doesnt fade like the colored bulbs. I bought a 4 x 3 1/2 foot sheet for 9 bucks from a stage lighting place, and it's easy to cut. Just look in the yellow pages for it. it's easy to find....

Kyle

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
The dome, map, climate control, and C-pillar lights (if equipped) are not and will not take 194's.

The under dash, dash, and door panel lights (if equipped) can take 194's

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Deus003 said:
......unless you are like me and replaced with backup lights.......
--Craig
Um.. Dare I ask what you replaced with 3156's?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, I used stage gel. I highly recommend it.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Deus003 said:

The floor lights by each door........
--Craig
Wow, get some 50w halogens to put in there and they will really see you when you open the door.

(Back when my taillights were tinted, I had to run pretty quick to get that shot. :D )

·
Registered
467 Posts
they make blue back up lights an so on as well...
but i dunno...i think i'd rather get some bulbs that will scare people when they light up at night..hehehe

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The dome lights are 194 in my 93 XR7. I replaced them with the bigger style of red 194's, they're wider and longer, got them from ACE/Westlake's. They're brighter then the neon tube I got and want to put behind my grill.

www.cardomain.com/id/93cougarxr7se
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts