TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pacific green interior in my Cougar. I was thinking about replacing the front and back seats, but using black instead.
What does everyone think, would that be sharp looking, or just ricey gay?

·
Registered
935 Posts
It will look sweet!

I did this to my 90 bird, I changed seats and carpet from black to tan and the rest is still black. Dude it looks as nice as my dad's Town Car's interior. It helps that my car is a Gold color so it ties everything together. I guess you'll never know if you like it until you do it. When I first did mine I was kinda bumbed to lose all black (which most people want) but it's 10 times cooler and like I said brings the car together.

I can post pictures of what I've done if you'd like, just let me know.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I changing mine...

I have a 96 T-Bird with Dark brown and tan interior and will soon be changing it to black and tan.I am going to paint the dash,sides of the center counsle and replace all the rubber coated panels with black panels from another T-Bird.I am going to use that leather paint for the dash and counsle,used it before and it worked out great.Then I am going to put black carpet in.So my interior will be tan and black.That should look bad ass due to the fact that my car is black.
What other ideas does anyone have?
Chris

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here is what it will look like

Here's what it will look like if you do what I did:

Sorry I only have one shot...my family has misplaced the camera =(

I will post more for you on what it looks like if you want when we find the stupid camera. As for other things to change out, get some white guages if you don't already have them. They geive the dash a powerful look so to say. Also painting little things to make them stand out more really adds more dimention. Notice my belts are Black and the seats tan...little things like that make it look neat.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Sweet!!!!!

That looks Sweet! I am going to also put balck carpet in.I also am putting white face gauges in.
Looks really nice.
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
On this note...

I have an apline green 96. It has a black and grey interior. I got some SC seats, and just yesterday got my new leather in the mail...black with grey inserts. It's gonna rock. Will post pictures ASAP.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Is the interior you're talking about a, what I call, "Emerald Green" color? I carried groceries for someone that had an emerald green Cougar with an emerald green interior. Looked nice and was told it was a rare color and that's why they bought it.

[email protected]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/93cougarxr7se

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
link doesn't work

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Hey Greenbird...how much did those leather seat covers end up costing you guys?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re:

Is the interior you're talking about a, what I call, "Emerald Green" color? I carried groceries for someone that had an emerald green Cougar with an emerald green interior. Looked nice and was told it was a rare color and that's why they bought it

i have a 94 4.6L XR7, deep juwel green exterior and a green interior
is that rare?
i was going to paint the exterior black and put some black in the interior to match,
is this a good idea? i dont want to mess up a rare car :)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'm not sure, I haven't seen any that color before other than that one. I though they had done it like that and they said, "No, that's how it came out of the factory. We hadn't seen any like this either, so we bought it." Not sure if it's rare, but I thought it looked cool as it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts