TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.... I need to replace my interior door handle on my '91 bird, if you have replaced one before where did you buy it from? I found that these places carry them- Partsgeek.com(Made by Doorman) RockAuto(Doorman) Carparts.com(just says OE replacement) My local junkyard never has birds/cougars though I could go 45mins away and pay an outrageous amount of money to the junkyard I use to go to lol. He would want $45 for one I'm sure.

Chris C.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
The interior door handles on the 89-93 MN12 isn't something that typically breaks..

I wouldn't hesitate to get a used Motorcraft one, before I would consider an aftermarket replacement..

In fact, I'm sure you get a used one off a member here for practically nothing..

I am curious though, because I seem to recall your car having the Mark VIII interior (including the door panels)..

Why not reskin the inner part of the door..So you can use the Mark VIII door handles instead??
:zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the plan Rayo...just not right now. I need to get two mark Vlll doors to cut up to use the Marks handles to make it look factory. Right now, yes I am using my '91 handles. I've never had this problem with the other birds I have owned but I have bad luck lol I'm Irish. I took the handle off and the plastic piece that goes into the gear(?) is off center. I'm sure a member here has one...like Tim G or Rob from NY lol My local junkyard sucks...the one I use to go to before I mmoved here was awesome because they had a few birds/cougars/lincolns but the guy is an ******* and charges too much.

Chris C.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Rod, thank you but my friend Tim G is sending me one. I will hit you up if I decide to do the passenger side.

Chris C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts