TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, first time poster here, test drove a '94 4.6L yesterday, sweet machine! However the interior lights are always on even when car is switched off. Any body got any ideas as to the cause of this problem and how much should i knock off my offer to the dealer seeing as i didnt know about this prob when i first made my offer? cheers

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
taliue said:
hi all, first time poster here, test drove a '94 4.6L yesterday, sweet machine! However the interior lights are always on even when car is switched off. Any body got any ideas as to the cause of this problem and how much should i knock off my offer to the dealer seeing as i didnt know about this prob when i first made my offer? cheers
The rear quarter lights, door lights and center dome light? I'm betting one of the door switches isn't reading one of the doors as being shut all the way.

Do you have the Visual Maintenance Minder that has a warning light for "Door Ajar" ?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Re: interior lights

ShadowDragon said:
Do you have the Visual Maintenance Minder that has a warning light for "Door Ajar" ?
Sure it isn't a Vehicle Maint. Mon.?

You can knock off $100 for a new battery, and another $100 so you can fix the problem. My rule of thumb: a cars worth goes down double the cost to fix it (needs $50 of work, brings cost down $100).

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
If you want to get technical the owners guide calls it the Indicator Lamp Module.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I've always called it the "Idiot Light Panel" :)

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
yeah knock off as much as you can. and if you know someone in the auto business, tell him to make up a receipt for you for like 200 dollars for just the door light problem and then show it to the dealer and get the money back, then fix it yourself. Oh wait...that's illegal. Oh well, who cares right? I mean, other than the cops...and the dealer.
-Thomas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies , it indeed was the door switch not engaging properly with the door, got $500 off with my lengthy snag list. On a general note dealing with used car salesmen is not something i want to do everyweek! What a shower of crooks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts