TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My panel that accesses the actual sunroof will not stay shut. When I take off quick, it slams open. The day it happened it sounded like a little click and had a bit of resistance. Is there some sort of track or something and maybe it jumped it, or is there some sort of clip that holds it shut? Thanks, Blaze

·
Registered
362 Posts
Fun fun I have been here too buddy let me tell ya. Anyways there is a metal strip that sticks up and is screwed to frame that keeps the cover from sliding way back intothe roof. As the motor pulls the window open it cathes this and pills the cover and stops it like an inch and half before all the way under the roof line. anyways these screws get loose or it just gets slammed open and they pop loose. I hjave tightened mine 4 times with one of those angled screw drivers to reattach! :mad: you have to pop up the roof to get in there and even then thereis VERY LITTLE roomt o work. it worked until a friend threw it open again. I even JB Welded the screw and the brackets together and guess what! it broke again. Anywaus it is still that way now and I am tired of hearingthe clunks so i might take it too the dealership for them to fix it again properly. or at least get another opinion. good luck
Regg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll either also take it to the dealer, or my father in law's upholtstrey shop. He deals with heasliners all the time. Thanks for letting me know what to look for though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts