TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Thunderbird that I want to swap a 94-97 interior into. I know someone has done this but I don't remember where I read it. I do remember it was a post with pretty much a walkthrough of how to do it. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There is a how-to over at SCCoA. All it took was a little searching. ;)

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Thanks. That's a stock 89-90 XR7 steering wheel, which took a little work to fit to the 97 column while retaining functionality (cruise control/horn).

·
Registered
811 Posts
what did you need to do to get it to fit?? I'm thinking of swapping wheels, I was considering like a MKVIII or something so I could have the lighted cruise buttons......but that looks nice and if it works would be a decent "upgrade" so to speak.

Any airbags in there? no I take it.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I made up a little bracket that properly located the pickup for the horn/cruise circuits on the column. The 89-93's don't use a clockspring like the 94-97's do. Getting the pickup located perfectly is a bit of a pain. Other than that, the wheel itself bolts on.

The 89-93 wheels do not have airbags in them. That is the original wheel for the car (one of only a few original pieces left on the car), so there are no legality issues in my case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts