TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently noticed that the passenger side floor board has been getting wet after a rain. I pulled up the carpet and removed some trim and had a slave sprinkle some water on the car as I watched inside. It starts dripping from the vent under the dash and pools in the floor board. What would cause this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I checked everything out and here is what I found. Even though its a '94 LX, it has the newer style fresh air surround. It wasn't clogged or anything either and the wire mesh is clean. I flushed out the hole next to it and it was also clear. When I sprayed water directly into the fresh air intake, water pissed out the drain and also dripped on the inside. Ideas?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not sure if the drain has an interconnecting tube between the air intake and outlet but if it does it is probably kinked or broken.

I've read that type of stuff happening with the moonroof's. No idea if it's a similar situation or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's how to tell if it's the windshield or something else. Remove the heater blower motor. Have assistant/slave run a light stream of water over the passenger side of windshield, near the top. It may take up to about 10 min for the leak to appear. Look where the blower motor was and if water is leaking from the hole, then remove the pass side windshield wiper arm and the plastic panel below that (it has the washer nozzle on it). Flip it over and just below the screw holes place a strip of foam weatherstrip along the whole length of this panel. The factory puts a small piece there, but with time and windshield replacements, it falls off or falls apart. Reinstall panel and wiper arm and test for leaks. I had taken out the entire dash of my mark 8 and cougar to find these water leaks. I had forgotten about my fix for this when I was doing the mark 8 but remembered when I had taken the dash out and looked at the air intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts