TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last month i purchased a MM panhard bar setup from 1phatlsc. parts came in and i thought i was going to have time to do. instead interior pull came first. which is good, cause welding can be done.

first pic is of 007 and a good friend of mine, Robert Rivera. more on him at a later date.

basically going thru car and taking it all out

everything gets bagged and tagged, and goes in plastic bins from here.

lots of pics like this to remember what goes where.

only thing left in car now is steering wheel, guage cluster and carpet. carpet is now out at this time. with dash gone i can do the heater core i paid someone to do and never was done.

stuff in trunk is coming out too.

stay tuned more pics to come in the next few weeks. i really think you guys will like whats coming down the pike next.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Lots and lots of work! Looks like you’re doing it right by taking your time and documenting everything!!

"everything gets bagged and tagged, and goes in plastic bins from here"

Just a tip: Don't leave things in the plastic bags for 20 years... My dad did that with the 73 Cougar restoration and I ended up with one large box, 1,000 nuts/bolts/washers/screws, 30 or so labels, and a bunch of dry rotted, disintegrated plastic bags... It was like putting a puzzle together: You know all the parts are there, you just don’t know where they go!!! :rofl: :bawling: :rofl:

Keep up the good work and of course keep us posted. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Vic: Good stuff man. Make sure you get an agreed value on that baby.
Rodney: It's right by my casa man, Vic ain't shy about showing it off...

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
It was a jab since I was supposed to get a call one day and meet up with you guys... itsok.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Can't wait to see it, Ive been waitin to hear more about this car, did you ever get the tuning figured out and got it on the dyno yet?......And wow, that Lotus needs some paint
hopefully you'll be able to see it on the hotrod power tour this year. but as of yet no tuning/or dyno time yet. got alil seat time in her before this and i can yell you this she is pretty peppy on slight blips of the throttle. the probe has been down almost as long as my car. but interior is in pristine condition..

Lots and lots of work! Looks like you’re doing it right by taking your time and documenting everything!!

"everything gets bagged and tagged, and goes in plastic bins from here"

Just a tip: Don't leave things in the plastic bags for 20 years... My dad did that with the 73 Cougar restoration and I ended up with one large box, 1,000 nuts/bolts/washers/screws, 30 or so labels, and a bunch of dry rotted, disintegrated plastic bags... It was like putting a puzzle together: You know all the parts are there, you just don’t know where they go!!! :rofl: :bawling: :rofl:

Keep up the good work and of course keep us posted. :thumbsup:
thanks. yeah i bought about five deep bins to keep everything separated as best i could. hope i dont take anymore time than i already have to complete this.

MSD in the TRUNK? You folks do things different. :D

Sure wish I would get invited to see this thing.

well you havent seen under the hood yet, it crowded already, and putting hit in the back isnt too bad.

It was a jab since I was supposed to get a call one day and meet up with you guys... itsok.
True true. Ole Vic called me five minutes before he got to the shop....:eek:
thats my fault i guess. it wont happen again. next time im off i'll call ya over. might have a question or two for ya when you get there.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
thanks. yeah i bought about five deep bins to keep everything separated as best i could. hope i dont take anymore time than i already have to complete this.
The key is speed. I find when I do stuff involving removal of too much stuff, I can generally get it all back together rather quickly/easily if I do it soon. I only have a few brain cells left and they get overwritten rather quickly.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The key is speed. I find when I do stuff involving removal of too much stuff, I can generally get it all back together rather quickly/easily if I do it soon. I only have a few brain cells left and they get overwritten rather quickly.
only thing with that is im on other people's time tables. so when they move, i move.

You too? I never got the phone call either.
man i called you, but you never answer caus e you at work. i seem to remember texting you yesterday morning and havent heard back from you yet.hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alil time has passed, and I'm finally getting to do some more on the interior. Recently purchased a few items to light the fire again. Bought some materials from a company called Second Skin Audio. One of the better sound-deadening companies out there to date.

pictured is a 5 gal bucket of "sludge" for full undercoating and enough to do the interior flooring. basically sandwiching the floor. Then theres 3 boxes of Damplifier Pro to cover from the firewall to the backseat area. I may buy 2 more packs to cover the trunk area. But this is for full coverage. If I do it sparingly, then i could place tiles spread out apart and do firewall to trunk with what I have. We'll see on that. Finally in the big box is Luxury Liner Pro. This will encapsulate the full interior from roof to floor. I think this will give me that Mercedes whisper quiet interior while the car is doing its thing on the outside.

Hope to get all this installed and done during January. so that way I can start laying out the new wiring for the car. More on that once this is done.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
You're gonna need to turn up the boost to keep this on the road. At least another 200 ponies.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts