TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hopefully this is worthy of a sticky for future searching, but I wanted to post what I found to be good info on solution to problems with car not starting.

2vmodular posted this link to a great explanation of issues related to the starter solenoid engagement terminal. It includes part numbers for replacement pigtails.

http://www.pantherbb.com/p71interceptor/index.html/

Here is a handy link to a Motorcraft Pigtail Catalog pdf:

http://www.motorcraft.com/pdf/Wiring_Pigtails_Catalog.pdf

You can search the PDF and find that the solenoid terminal harness that frequently troubles the MN12 is also the same connector as the rear window defroster terminal connector for crown vics. I found a perfectly good pigtail at the U-pull it yard this way.

I am having an intermittent no start issue and after inspecting this connector, I found it very loose, packed with grease and road grime and when I went to disconnect it, the wire connector broke.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Thats cool, I never thought about the defroster plug being the same. I have always just cut them off and crimped on new female blade connectors. I haven't had one come back yet. Thanks for the good info.
-Rob

·
Registered
224 Posts
May sound dumb but reset the fuel pump..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hopefully this is worthy of a sticky for future searching, but I wanted to post what I found to be good info on solution to problems with car not starting.
2vmodular posted this link to a great explanation of issues related to the starter solenoid engagement terminal. It includes part numbers for replacement pigtails.

:surprise: WARNING: this link leads to Malware now :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts

WARNING: this link leads to Malware now
Link Improved!

I really hate the Assholes that do this ****.

Someone apparently bought the P71Interceptror domain, and is serving malware.

I recommend Adblock or similar, NoScript or similar, as basic precautions on the web these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts