TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dart block 347 recently started blowing steam and coolant droplets from the rocker covers. Drained the oil and found at least a quart of coolant in the pan. It hasn't turned milky and the coolant is staying seperate from the oil. Doesn't appear to be head gasket related because I'm not seeing steam out the tailpipes after the motor warms up or pressurizing the cooling system (even under boost). No missing or noticable reduction in power either.

The only other places I can think of where it would leak into the pan is the gasket for the intake manifold to heads or between the timing cover and block. Which do you guys think is more likely and is there an easy way to test for where the leak is coming from ?

David

·
Registered
368 Posts
Im pretty sure that there are hose plug kits available. You plug the radiator hoses and heater hoses, if you have them and pressurize the cooling system. With nothing running and the coolant drained you should be able to pinpoint the leak. A stethiscope or ultrasonic refrigerant leak detector would probably be a big help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.