TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comcast Cable! Lovin it!

Just switched my ATT Yahoo DSL (768k) with Comcast Cable internet (12mb service)
and WOW. With the DSL I was getting MAYBE 1mb downloads and .3mb uploads...
IM LOVIN THIS!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
me too!! but i dont notice much of a difference at browsing but downloads oooo buddy!

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's Comcastic! This is honestly the first time I've heard anyone have anything positive to say about Comcast.
I'm not even going to try to post my speed test. Pathetic 512kb DSL.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, Comcast is good. =P I need to get a long ethernet cable to run from my router to my PS3. Even though my router is 6 feet from my PS3, it does have 100% signal but nowhere near as good as wired. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Now I know why they call it Comcastic! Great speeds guys!

Cool site. I've got Time Warner/RoadRunner (Charlotte area) here. Results below:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
home:

I have some results I ran on the slow internet I was using Mexico, I will try to find those results and post them up. Slow > dialup > none!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I decided to redo the test on my new laptop which is connected with wireless-g not the new N(i need to upgrade router) but i was pleasantly surprised

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I have a 10MB DSL at the office. Downloads off Usenet usually peg at about 1140KB/s.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
It says

Local Area Connection 2
Speed: 100.0 Mbps
Staus: Connected

down on the corner of my screen on the little pc icons down there. If that says 100, then why is this test say otherwise? :confused:

Darnit :zraped: by technology again. lol

·
Registered
258 Posts

Not too shabby for having a large number of torrents running between my wife's PC and mine. Gotta love that upload..

·
Registered
334 Posts

hmm. This is wireless at work, haha. I wonder what speeds would be when I do this on my custom build home machine. I'll have to try it later.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I need to upgrade. :(

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Now I know why they call it Comcastic! Great speeds guys!

Cool site. I've got Time Warner/RoadRunner (Charlotte area) here. Results below:

I'd be calling them up in arms about that upload speed...

The Comcast here on base is horribly overloaded, so a lot of times it gets pretty bogged down. I've been having issues lately with horrible pings, so they are coming out to look at it on Saturday, we'll see how that goes.

It moves files decent enough though.

·
Super Moderator
9,312 Posts
I've got sucktastic and cheap Centurytel. Er, Centurylink. The service is terrible; the network goes down at LEAST twice a month. And now that my 2 year old modem is dying they won't replace it. Good alternatives for $40/mo? :zbash:

1 - 20 of 249 Posts