TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which one I should go with? The intrax specs says it will lower the car atleast 1.8/1.8 or was it 1.8/2.0??

Either way the Intrax spring set was cheaper and lower than the Eibach. I've just never heard on Intrax before.

Anyone know how hard of a job it is? If I take it to a shop how much would i be looking at? If its not too hard maybe me and a friend can tackle the job.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I put some eibach's on mine last december. I LOVE them. Low enough to make a difference, but you dont smack on everything. I highly reccomend them. They handle much better than the stockers I had, with just that and 18's it feels like it's on rails. Call up discount tire direct (tires.com) and talk the guy down. I did that and got it for around 220 new. Don't remember the install cost.

-joel

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got Intrax, and they're great. I got mine from Summit Racing I installed them myself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryan --- I'm from Peoria, IL. Quite a drive from paris but not too bad. Wanna do my springs for some cash? Hehe. I don't think I'll do it myself but wish I could.

Is there anything else I should replace in the meantime? While I'm doing this? Shocks, etc??

thanks for all the suggestions guys. I still don't know which i should go with. hard decision but I think Intrax since its lower than the eibachs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hey, ive got eibachs, i think their PERECT, never in a million years would i go with anything else. there not too hard to put in if you have any mechanical inclination at all. i did mine myself, took all day but i did it, first time for everything!! i just think it gives you a good stance, nice handling, but not TOO low where your tearing up your underbody driving down the road. your choice tough, remember,....... you get what you pay for!!!!!

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I have Eibach springs also. With the right shock they give a very nice ride. Smooth on the straights and tight in the turns.

I have a set of Eibach's for sale if you are still looking for them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Al_Florida, - I'm still weighing out the options. If I choose Eibach then I'll buy yours for sure.

Right now I'm leaning towards intrax though. They are not cheap ones, about the same prices as the eibachs in fact. I just would like the extra .5in ( 1.8front/2.0 rear )
I've also talked to a few people with Intrax springs and they like'em.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Are you sure you want your car sitting lower in the rear? IMHO, that does not look very good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
its actually 2.0 in the front and around 1.8 in the back ... so the front sits lower

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
LOL, I'm must be retarded. I should be ashamed of myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts