TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum. I am stationed at Fort Campbell and a buddy I went to Iraq with gave me an 87 Thunderbird (he heard enough stories about my first car ,an 87 TB ,which I lost to "surprise" a blown headgasket). As far as I can tell she is all stock. The only real expieriance I have working on vehicles is minor stuff I have done to my 88 Bronco. Be gentle. :)

I read something about the 3.8 mustang headrs fitting on the 3.8 Thunderbirds. Does this fit my application? Also it has the circular air filter. Is this TBI? I don't have much experiance at all with these. What is the difference between this style of injection and lets say the injection on my bronco?

Gurahl

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
hi, and welcome

The mustang headers might fit with some modifications, as the tbird headers from a 96-7 tbird might also... being a fox body, there might be some clearance issues.

As for the circular air filter, that would probably be TBI.

I don't know the difference between the bird and the bronco.

Again, welcome, and before anyone else starts, the search button here will be your friend... Alot of information available that has been asked by almost everyone one time or another.

John

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
If you do a search on 3.8 mustang headers on these forums you should find the info you need. But that is for later model 3.8's. I'm not sure if it's the same as your 87 3.8 or not. My suggestion to you would be to swap that 3.8 out for a 5.0 or a 351. There are several large displacement swaps in MN12 and Fox T-birds on this board that might be able to help you a great deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts