TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since this last meet sucked the big one im going to try again on friday night at fayettteville dragway. its an all nighter that starts a 7pm. i think im also going to take a cruise on saturday on the blue ridge highway. should be a nice view this time of year and i havent been out there since i've been stationed in nc. so there ya have it, anyone that wants to join in is welcome.

http://www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com/index.html

·
Registered
811 Posts
who you kidding. . . . . . .there might be a "wind storm" with no wind and they won't be open. :D AGAIN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it was a monsoon yesterday:leftright, yeah right...anyway i wouldnt expect you guys to drive back out here again for that kind of crap. it was more of an invite for the cruise. i havent been out in that part of the state yet and i hear that its pretty nice this time of year. so anyone that wants to go is welcome.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
it was hurricane season all over again. :leftright i know my house is flooded now because of it. :bs:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Where on the Blue Ridge are ya going? We used to do a camping meet up there...I think the campgrounds close after this weekend though

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the drag racing will be at night (track opens at 7pm and goes all night), the cruise will be saturday morning/afternoon. i'd probably have to leave here around 8am to get out there at a decent time. this is all depending on me having friday off of course, im not going to work 12hrs on friday and then try to get up early on saturday.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
This gonna happen or what?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was wondering as well.. had considered going, would've been nice (no 120mph runs down I40 for me, though)... but considering the time and tomorrow might actually warm.. think I'm going to give some detailing attention to my car tomorrow.. still not 100% waxed... of course.. I'd say little late for track time for me tonight.. I might have those mods done soon hopefully, I'd be up for a track outing whenever that gets done.. heh

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
next weekend, i didnt get back from the track till 1:30 last night. and all that for a whole two runs!! that place sucked the big one, rockinghams track is so much better. it seemed like they have nothing planned, people walking everywhere including in front of cars that are moving up to the lanes. cars that arent even racing parked in the staging lanes. it just really sucked, maybe its different on sundays i really dont know. well anywho, im cruising next saturday for sure.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
but we did see a pretty sweet TBird there. i'll try and get some pics up. hopefully they came out good.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true, the t-bird was the only good thing that night. i wanted to choked everyone else, especially that dumba** announcer. "white ghost come on up". did that guy even race last night? it seemed like that place was more concerned with letting the 20 or so super street cars run rather than the 100 or so street cars. like i said it sucked dirty anus and i'll never go to another one. maybe give it a try on a sunday and see if its any better then, or just go to rockingham. the rocks track is way better anyway.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok yo's i be cruzin fo sho dis weakend.

or if this makes more sense to you, i am definitly going to be doing the cruise this weekend. still have to figure out the route though. but i'm going to do it this saturday.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Won't be able to make it this weekend, I'll be in Commerce, GA for the southern super heavy shootout :)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
doh! i forgot about that. im still going to make the cruise though, i want to go while the colors will be really good. have fun down in GA.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well heres a couple of pics from the cruise up to the mountains yesterday. it was a single car cruise.:D really nice up there and it was a great ride until we attempted to navigate our way home. i guess that part of the state has something against road signs.
pic of the car at a random scenic stop

pic at blowing rock, that place was really nice! i thought this picture was kinda cool too cause it almost looks like it was painted.

pic of me and the wife at blowing rock

and heres another pic of the car

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
i see you bought those 4.6 nitrous badges....nice.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually is 4.6 high performance, i thought the "nitrous" would be kinda gay. i think they look pretty good on there even though they arent the ones that i wanted. but the ones i wanted only came in dohc.

·
Registered
811 Posts
you are right it is nice out that way. i had a friend that lived on the other side of the state, talk about getting lost. . . . . . .for a min i thought i heard a banjo :tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts