TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many for Thomas, how did yall fair in the storms?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
One place in nw ames got leveled, and a couple towns, one to the nw of ames about 20 miles and one to the sw of ames got hit pretty bad. woodward took the brunt of the tornado that came through ames. i just made it out to the tailgating lot before the game when the sirens and the cops started flying by telling everyone to go to Hilton to be safe...yeah, walk about 3/4 mile in the midst of a tornado and chance that...they ended up evacuating the staduim too.

Edit: Here's the story from the paper this morning
http://www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/11/15/43796cba8ca69

joe

·
Registered
698 Posts
heh, at first I thought you were talking about the SNOW storm that we are getting smoked with right now. Dbq didn't have anything really yesterday...a bunch of rain and some wind, but that was it.

Wiz

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
FYI, it's Iowigians. :p

Ya, Iowa winters must suck. I used to live there and hear more stuff from there than my aunt in Montana, which is where I wanna move. But she lives in Bozeman and I don't hear too much about bad weather.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
93pimpin said:
FYI, it's Iowigians. :p

Ya, Iowa winters must suck. I used to live there and hear more stuff from there than my aunt in Montana, which is where I wanna move. But she lives in Bozeman and I don't hear too much about bad weather.

They don't really suck too bad...you get used to them. It's the quick change in climate that gets you. Friday it was near 70, tornadoes on Saturday and today we had a wind chill of 1 degree...typical of Iowa.

Joe

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It snowed the worst of the year when we moved back in 91. Of course, here we had to take my baby brother home on the coldest day of the year, record low. Stupid insurance...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts