TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
These people are vowing to not only protest, but to kick his ass and even bomb his restuarant. All over a damn poster.....

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Racially-charged-poster-at-local-restaurant-stirs-up-controversy-133198308.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29678265/detail.html

And the threats can be found here.....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/30...group_activity

Little update... My wife e-mailed all the local news stations with info and links regarding the violence towards Mr. Nonmacher, and now it's all mysteriously gone... Hmmmm...

Although, I DID come across this....

Sanam Ashley Ketabi
I have a feeling this isn't going to work, I know the guy, i call him 8 times a day...us sitting outside his place is not going to make him take the poster down..we need to take bigger stronger actions

Ali ItrustMe Khan
‎"those who make a peaceful protest impossible make a violent protest inevitable" JFK. Bring ur pistols... Just incase lol
__________________________________________________ _________________________

They also have a protest planned for this Saturday, from noon to 15:30....

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=227425237323141

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
heard aboot it on 740 this morning....the owner basically said fvck em! if they don't like it, they can leave! :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
I also heard this story on the news this morning.

I'd love to comment on this but let's keep the politics out of TCCoA.

Feel free to discuss further at the political forum of your choice ...

Meh, on second thought. Just keep it civil and I'll leave this thread open.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Hey IM all for the owner stickin to his guns. BUt there is no way that would stay up if it was some yuppie northern state. This is why I like Texas a great source of humor. I mean making threats like this in the state where people have np shooting people. I can see more funniness coming down the pipeline maybe another restaurant will offend people. I cant believe this is what people do with their time... bothering other people. Families, jobs, hobbies I guess arent interesting enough.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
heard aboot it on 740 this morning....the owner basically said fvck em! if they don't like it, they can leave! :rofl:
From the story it's been up there for like 30 years....... why is it NOW making news if it's "just so disturbing"?? It goes to show how sensitive EVERYONE in this world has gotten. I agree with him. It's HIS place of buisness......... if YOU dont like something in HIS resteraunt........... dont be a patron and leave. Done.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hmm... I thought we had freedom of speech. Tasteful or not.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hmm... I thought we had freedom of speech. Tasteful or not.
Yep I thought so as well. There are some groups that think that there is no such thing as freedom of speech and the constitution does not apply to them. I agree with the guy....... dont like it, dont like the way the country is run.,....... there's the door, dont let it hit you in the arse on the way out!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
If the BBQ is good, I say the poster should stay up. After all, the important thing here is BBQ :tongue:

Nothing like a relaxing Friday evening enjoying a Landshark and smoking a slab of babyback with some good ol' pecan

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
Based on the article, it looks like it's meant to be in good humor in this day and age. Considering the time it was put up, I'd say it falls into the category that the anti-Japanese or anti-Nazi propaganda from the early 1940s would be in. It is what it is; why people have to put up a fuss over every little thing they see, seeming to take it personally, is one reason why I refuse to participate in social media sites like facebook etc.... too much petty drama (which is where it sounds like all this nonsense got started). :rolleyes:

The owner can do what he likes, it's his restaurant. The Close Quarters Pub local to me has all sorts of racy signs, pictures, posters and stuff up covering the walls - that's part of what makes it what it is. If you don't want to see it, don't look at it or go there! :zbash:

BTW - GM, you gotta stop posting pics of honkin' meat slabs on a grill! I'm liable to spend money I don't have on food I probably don't need to eat right now (not saying I don't want it).... :D

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If the BBQ is good, I say the poster should stay up. After all, the important thing here is BBQ :tongue:

Nothing like a relaxing Friday evening enjoying a Landshark and smoking a slab of babyback with some good ol' pecan
Landshark? I'm surprised.

·
3,868 Posts
I think tccoa still counts as socializing. Yeah facebook addiction is like the WOW addiction of the 10s decade. There is a difference in tccoa though its far more interesting than reading about who ate and had a bad day.

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
There is a difference in tccoa though its far more interesting than reading about who ate and had a bad day.
lol, yeah when I listen to my wife and her friends talk about facebook (used to be myspace) I get very annoyed and a little bit sad that people are spending their time worrying about everyone else instead of doing what makes them happy or at least furthering themselves somehow.

As far as the poster goes, I think its just one of those quirky things you see in a restaurant with "a lot of crazy crap on the walls." (Simpsons quote) At times the crazy crap can turn into a conversation piece for a meal. I'm all for it, even though its not something I would hang up in my shop, lol. I do enjoy the humor behind it though.

What is a WOW addiction, BTW?

·
3,868 Posts
Walking around with your jaw just hanging open. lol

That's World Of Warcraft....the Dungeons & Dragons of the pc age. The biggest Timesuck since....well since D&D.

More like WOW the ultimate marriage killer LOL haha.

OMG I like went out shopping for car stuff n junk haha. Failbook update joke right there.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well damn. World of Warcraft is about the last thing I think of, but people do spend so much time on it. It and the internet probably why never see people outside anymore. The most experience I have with WOW is the Southpark episode, which was pretty awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well damn. World of Warcraft is about the last thing I think of, but people do spend so much time on it. It and the internet probably why never see people outside anymore. The most experience I have with WOW is the Southpark episode, which was pretty awesome! :D
I used to play WoW for 6 years, gave it up, then the other day my buddy bought me a 60 day $30 timecard....and said take it. I was like you've got to be kidding....ended up using it though, can't let it go to waste or disappoint :D Oh well at least I don't play it AS much anymore lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts