TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know already they are a pita,, heck even on my pretty much rust free 96' they are just riciulous! Who was the engineer who decided on this?

Anyway,, how or is there a way to get at the nuts that these bolts go into? I've gotten 1 front one and 1 back one out (oposite sides) and I snapped the head of the other one off in the front and the back one the bolt is now spinning on the inside.

The only way I can see accessing the back is a whole drilled threw the trunk into the C channel in the frame. As far as the front,, I guess I'm gonna have to see if I can heat it up once the frame is out and try a pipe wrench on it.

CMON FORD ever heard of ANTI-SIEZE compound! :mad:

Brad

P.S. bought this stuff made by SEAFOAM called DEEP CREEP penetrating lube,, for 5.99 a can it sure does work good! almost better then my beloved PB Blaster.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I always used a standard open/box wrench on one side to keep the bolt/nut from spinning while I hit it with the impact gun. Never gave me trouble.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silver95Bird said:
I always used a standard open/box wrench on one side to keep the bolt/nut from spinning while I hit it with the impact gun. Never gave me trouble.

I'll give yah $100 if you can show me where the Box wrench goes! LOL

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I've run into this problem a few times on some of my MN12s. If the nut breaks loose on one of the back bolts, I remove the bumper and use a board to keep the nut from spinning. It takes two people, and is a real pain, but it works.

If a nut breaks loose on one of the front bolts, it's time to make an access hole. :(

-Rod

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunately I was able to finally get the other front bolt out last night,, I only had to drill 1 hole in the trunk to access one of the nuts thats spun so all I need it a simple body plug to cover that up and everything is cool.

However this thing is not going back in untill either some Urethane or Aluminum mounts are made up for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts