TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a junk yard in my area whom has an aluminum rear end with the half shafts
out of a Mark VIII for sale fo $250.

Is this a good deal??

I plan on switching to 3.73 gears with a Alburn Pro locker; so all I am going to be really using on the rear end is just the housing. All bearings, seals, gears, and slpines are going to be changed.

Thanks for the input.

·
8,239 Posts
I have a couple brand new FRPP 3.73 Alumininum Rear ends for sale, much cheaper than the FRPP catalog.

PM me if you are interested.

JH

·
Registered
247 Posts
$250 is a decent price. Or you can go to Ford and spend $600 on the FRPP center section. Did you contact Ford to see what a bare housing cost?

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
When you say "rear end", are you just referring to the centersection (pumpkin) and half shafts, or do you actually mean the whole rear axle/subframe assembly (hub to hub)? $250 is a decent price for the centersection, and a really good price for the entire rear axle/subframe assembly. The aluminum lower control arms are worht quite a bit.

-Rod

·
Registered
178 Posts
First, unless you're deadset on that Auburn unit, get the FRPP pumpkin. JustinH has a great price on it if he has any left.
Next, I have to disagree that $250 is a good price for a MK VIII pumpkin and halfshafts. All he's getting of value is the aluminum case. The 28 spline open carrier and the 3.07 gears are worthless. The MK VIII halfshafts are the same as V8 T-Bird. This would only be a decent deal if you need the halfshafts also.
I sell the aluminum cases for $125 (plus shipping) when I get them. I just sold one with an IRS traction lok for $200.
Keep looking, unless you're in a rush. I'm sure you can find a better deal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you every body for the advice.

What is a good price for a set of the aluminum Mark VIII lower control arms?

·
Registered
178 Posts
There's a set in the "For Sale" section for $100 shipped. The last set I had, I sold for $50 plus shipping.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
I have a set on my car I bought for $40 for the set and I just found another set for $80. But if they can go for $50, I am not going to waste the time and $$$ unless some one asks me for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts