TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it allows a very slight amount of air thru, does that mean its bad? I noticed during cleaning some fluid would pass thru the pintle.

If I blow thru the tube with low pressure compressed air, a very slight breeze passes thru the pintle. I cleaned it and it looks like it opens and closes perfectly otherwise.

Replace or roll the dice here?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pintle slowly opens in a linear fashion till about 8psi. then it snaps shut when the vac is let off. When it opens of course the airflow increases, but there is that tiny leak when its closed.

It holds vacuum well and you can control it precisely with the vac pump.

I see people put blockoff plates on the EGR, I'm wondering if a tiny flow at idle exists and what I'm testing is normal even for a new one. The pintle is seating into its bore.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, it is supposed to seal completely and not let any flow through when closed. Replace it now, it will only get worse.
Thanks
I looked with a strong light and there is tiny piece eroded away. Seemed to get worse after cleaning, maybe the carbon was sealing it. Now I can really blow thru it.

Don't want to take any chances on a 95!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks
I looked with a strong light and there is tiny piece eroded away. Seemed to get worse after cleaning, maybe the carbon was sealing it. Now I can really blow thru it.

Don't want to take any chances on a 95!
New Ford valve has a 100% air seal and improved internal design. If I put the old one back I would have essentially had a vac leak and a gas drain when the PCM compensates! If your valve is out its worth to blow thru it to see if it really seals. I did have to make out with an EGR valve to find this out :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts