TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put mine on and love it. I was just wondering if I was the only one using this or not.
PS 17 deg. initial timing (and no detonation) did wonders for throttle response, am I on to something here hmmmm.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
was it hard to install?

I am thinking of doing that next,what all was involved?I also have the lower ASP power pulley going on Sat.Please let me know how that went.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude it's a pain in the ....

you have to remove the AC compressor to do this you have to go in the spot the suspension bits come out of(sway bar and such) to get on the bolts,and nuts. drop me an email and I'll email you pics of the hole and the PITA it is.
It's a 2 day deal take your time and so it right DO NOT get in a hurry or you will screw something up I promise you.
Also start off conservitive with timing I started @ 12 deg and worked up to 17. now I'm having a piece milled so I have about 35 degrees of adjustability yes I plan to go 25 degrees advanced and see what happens I also plan to run into a wall of diminishing retuns about 22 degrees but WTF.

·
Registered
647 Posts
With an EEC-Tuner you can add or pull all the timing you want, and not get your hands dirty....not to mention everything else that can be adjusted. Installed in less than 1/2 hour. Just my $.02 ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah but...

Small price difference and these are for 4.6's only. I havent heard of an EEC Tuner for the 4.6 that costs less then 1200 bucks that's worth anything.
(Hypertech makes one for the 96+ cars but uhhhh I don't really trust them to get the job done on my 95).

·
Registered
178 Posts
EEC Tuners are worth it.

They are available right now from MN12performance.com for $350, I bought mine about a month ago. No complaints at all. Jerry himself works with these.

BTW, Steeda Timing adjusters are well... I wouldn't be caught with one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts