TCCoA Forums banner

Is Ford giving too much attention to the Mustang and not enough to its other cars?

• Mustang gets too much

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Adequate amount for both

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Not enough for Mustang

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Trunk Monkey said:
If they'd put half as much effort into improving the Thunderbird/Cougar as the do into the Mustang they'd have another best seller on their hands....

I agree with the statement I quoted ^^. That's exactly what I was thinking! :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
dkmac said:
Sorry about the spelling, it has been a long day for me. Oh here is your correct spelling: opinions, favoritism. Thanks for pointing that out. God bless. :D
I think he was also referring to collage which means "a form of art in which various materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric are arranged and stuck to a backing." :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi too all, first off I would like to thank everyone for posting to my thread. I started this thread due to an assignment that I have to due for my class. I needed to get some relevant statistics so that I can build a chart for my assignment. I do not plan on using this or any forum on my actual research paper.

Where do I stand? Well do not get me wrong, I love the Mustang and would never want it to go away. I am trying to remain on a neutral basis about the subject. I love Ford; however, I am tired at the same time seeing them ignoring their other cars until they kill them. I feel that there is a vehicle for everyone not matter what. Looking at the Ford Taurus, it was an American best seller for many years in a row. Why did Ford ignore it until its extension? Many believe that it was due to the fact that this family car stole the spotlight from the Mustang. About the Thunderbird, in 1990 it made Motor Trend car of the year. It is a proven fact that Ford was not happy that the SC made it and not the Mustang. I know that Ford would like to keep the Mustang in the spotlight no matter what. I personally feel that this is what has been killing Ford. If you look at the current statistics, Ford has been loosing their behinds bad in profit margin. Currently Ford is hurting bad. They can not just depend on the Mustang to stay afloat. Too many people want different vehicles and not just sports cars.

This is what I would like to see from Ford. I would like to see Ford keep a name plate and continue to improve it throughout the decades. At the same time I would like to see Ford expand SVT to cover more of their models to give the family guy a little excitement. That is why I like the SC, SHO, and the contour SVT so much. It gave the family man such as me a little excitement out of a roomier two door or family car. Kina like what dodge is doing with the Charger SRT; family with a sporty edge. If Ford would concentrate on the nameplates that they have or had in the past then they would spend less keeping up with the trends. This is what the Japanese market practices, (I.E. Camry, Mazda 6 series, and infinity G series).

I know that Ford plays a big part in the truck market due to the Market for it here in America. This is why the F-150 will most likely never die. I like trucks and I feel that Ford is doing a decent job with their trucks; however, they could use their improvements as well but nothing too major.

I also agree with the individual who said that no vehicle is perfect. That is absolute true. No manufacturer has a perfect vehicle whether it is a truck or car.

Again I thank everyone for their comments and opinions, we are all human and have our own opinions and I do welcome them. God bless.

·
Registered
775 Posts
dkmac said:
Where do I stand? Well do not get me wrong, I love the Mustang and would never want it to go away. I am trying to remain on a neutral basis about the subject. I love Ford; however, I am tired at the same time seeing them ignoring their other cars until they kill them. I feel that there is a vehicle for everyone not matter what. Looking at the Ford Taurus, it was an American best seller for many years in a row. Why did Ford ignore it until its extension? Many believe that it was due to the fact that this family car stole the spotlight from the Mustang. About the Thunderbird, in 1990 it made Motor Trend car of the year. It is a proven fact that Ford was not happy that the SC made it and not the Mustang. I know that Ford would like to keep the Mustang in the spotlight no matter what. I personally feel that this is what has been killing Ford. If you look at the current statistics, Ford has been loosing their behinds bad in profit margin. Currently Ford is hurting bad. They can not just depend on the Mustang to stay afloat. Too many people want different vehicles and not just sports cars.

This is what I would like to see from Ford. I would like to see Ford keep a name plate and continue to improve it throughout the decades. At the same time I would like to see Ford expand SVT to cover more of their models to give the family guy a little excitement. That is why I like the SC, SHO, and the contour SVT so much. It gave the family man such as me a little excitement out of a roomier two door or family car. Kina like what dodge is doing with the Charger SRT; family with a sporty edge. If Ford would concentrate on the nameplates that they have or had in the past then they would spend less keeping up with the trends. This is what the Japanese market practices, (I.E. Camry, Mazda 6 series, and infinity G series).
It seems that the new Ford CEO Alan Mulally agrees with some of the things you have stated, ie. keeping the names around and improving the model.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ford cars not to buy, focus and contour. they have a ton of issues and the contour will break you to keep it together , and i agree with the above statement about precived reilabilty of jap cars its a joke. they are bigger pos than any american car. my mom works at a toyota dealer and sees tons of service bills for stuff she thinks shouldnt be breaking

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ford is doing a minor redesign of the Focus ...adding some hp on redesigning the intake and exhaust of existing motor and changing appearance some. (higher beltline, fusion type grille and boxing the windows (rectangle). The 500 is finally going to get the 3.5 liter engine. Escape is getting redesigned also. This was on the Bold Moves website....they are listening to us. Don't give up on the T Bird Cougar thing it may happen. People bash them there and they respond . http://www.fordboldmoves.com/default.aspx
I feel that 30 years at he top for the pickup is something in their times of despair. The Mustang does get talked about a lot. Going to happen..it is the only "pony" car in a muscle car class. When Chevy comes back with Camaro in 09, & Dodge has a Challenger...who knows. When they come out with something like the Interceptor..it is dogged by everyone. I think the Crown Vic and big LIncoln are leaving this year also. I saw a bunch of Mercury Milan -Fusion ads over the weekend & Lincoln ones. I think right now that Ford is trying to concentrate on getting other vehicles in the spotlight...the Mustang is taking care of itself.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts