TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 95 4.6L Thunderbird and it seems to be shaking when it Idles..

What might this problem be?
and how could I fix it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
You might want to post this in the general tech or 4.6 liter engine section where it'll get more attention. Also, it might take a while for someone knowledgeable to find and respond to your posts, so allow a little more time to pass before you bump your topic.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ight thanks man..

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
you probably have a miss fire i assume your idiot light/check engine light is on.

·
Registered
604 Posts
How bad is the shake? is it violent or is it a light vibration? How cold is it outside too? if its really cold and you just start the car it could rev a little rough until it warms up a bit and settles down.

Is the check engine light on? what codes are you reading?

When was the last time you used fuel injector cleaner? try using a bottle of the stuff first, you may just have a fouled up injector - might be time for a tune up as well.

just a few ideas to throw out there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well..
The only light that has been on on the car Is the AIRBAG light and it has been flashing on and off all the time for awhile now..
Im going to reset the JetChiped Ecu and Put A new Wire Set On It... I Put All New PulseStar PulsePlugs/sparkplugs in it last summer.. I hear they are junk?? so if all else fail il replace thoes aswell..

I dont think its ever had any Fuel Injector Cleaner Used on it So Il Try that Too..

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
you need to go to like autozone or someone that will read you off the codes and have them hook it up to an obd2 reader. don't blow money on parts you don't have to have.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well I track day Drift this car so
no biggy..
I will run down to autozone in the morning though
Check out Driftstl.com
+1 a week injector wouldnt make it miss though???

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Fould that 2 of the Stock SparkPlug Wires were a lil bit torn up today

·
Super Moderator
10,570 Posts
Check the plugs; I bet that half of them have worn out center electrodes.

:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All Fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts