TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 93 tbird and it has the stock seven or eight(can't recall right now) spoke wheels. it's kinda like the old style wheels like craigers, where the spokes come straight outward, not like a reverse style wheel. anyway they got that alumimnum looking paint on them like most the other ford wheels do. i know there is aluminum underneath the paint, is there some way to strip off the paint and polish these to get that buillet look, or at least soemthing that looks a little better than that shitty paint.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
yeah chrome shops can do it. They will chemically strip the wheels to remove the finish and then polish them up. The price is dependant on the complexity of the wheel design. Do you have plastic center caps? If you do, thats a problem. I had run an SC wheel to get a center cap that is metal. The SC cap is larger then the 15" wheel centers, they won't fit. But i believe the cougars have metal centers. That was what the shop was trying to get me to run before i got the SC wheels. Now the SC wheels sit in my back yard. it was $60 a wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts